RE: RedHat 5.2 on Cobalt Qube/RAQ

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: RedHat 5.2 on Cobalt Qube/RAQ
From: Greg <damin@cleveland.lug.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:51:12 -0500 (EST)
Cc: clug-talk@nacs.net, ralf@uni-koblenz.de
On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, Michael F. March wrote:

> Someone a while ago emailed me 2.1.55 (I think that was the version)
> of modutils for the Cobalt Cube.. I lost the email and I was wondering
> if anyone had a copy if they could email it to me.
>
> Thanks..

Mike,
        I've got some new packages in my "incoming" directory on
ftp://intel.cleveland.lug.net/pub/Mipsel/incoming

README.modutils
modutils-2.1.55-1TO.src.rpm
isdn4k-utils-3.0beta2-2.mips.rpm
isdn4k-utils-3.0beta2-2.src.rpm
rsynth-2.0-1.mips.rpm
rsynth-2.0-1.src.rpm
modutils-2.1.55-1TO.mips.rpm

The readme says;

   modutils-2.1.55-1TO.src.rpm

This version of modutils is tested on a Cobalt Qube.
There had been 2 showstoppers which prevent modules
running on the Qube:

  1. A bug in modutils, which scrambles opcodes during insmod.
     - fixed in this modutils package.
  2. A missing compiler-option in the kernel's toplevel
     Makefile. You must change that yourself:

     Edit the kernel's toplevel Makefile, find the first
     definition of MODFLAGS and add -mlong-calls. The correct
     line finally should read:

     MODFLAGS = -mlong-calls -DMODULE

Have fun
 -Fritz