On my DECStation....

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: On my DECStation....
From: K.H.C.vanHouten@research.kpn.com (Karel van Houten)
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 19:48:01 +0100 (MET)
Cc: Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de
Hi,

Just this evening, on my DECStation:

[root@elrond /root]# cd /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/
[root@elrond scsi]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
[root@elrond scsi]# insmod -v scsi_mod.o
[root@elrond scsi]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
scsi_mod               61936   0  (unused)
[root@elrond scsi]# insmod -v NCR53C9x.o
[root@elrond scsi]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
NCR53C9x               50772   0  (unused)
scsi_mod               61936   0  [NCR53C9x]
[root@elrond scsi]# insmod -v dec_esp.oo
SCSI ID 7  Clock 25 MHz CCF=0 Time-Out 167 NCR53C9x(esp236) detected
ESP: Total of 1 ESP hosts found, 1 actually in use.
scsi0 : ESP236
scsi : 1 host.
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00 00
SCSI host 0 abort (pid 0) timed out - resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
SCSI host 0 channel 0 reset (pid 0) timed out - trying harder
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
SCSI host 0 reset (pid 0) timed out again -
probably an unrecoverable SCSI bus or device hang.

(now this window hangs, but I can shutdown from a different window).

Harald, a you see I've made the scsi support modular. You said a while
ago you where working on SCSI. I thought it might be helpfull to make it
modular, so debugging is easier.

I'm not really in that kind of code, but when I look in dec_esp.c,
it looks like it only support straight turbochannel cards, not IOASIC SCSI.

Any news?

Karel van Houten