Re: Cross-gcc for mipsel-linux

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Cross-gcc for mipsel-linux
From: Karsten Merker <karsten@excalibur.cologne.de>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 21:38:02 +0100
Hallo everyone,
I wrote:

> I am trying to build a cross-development-system for DECstation-Linux
> (target=mipsel-linux) on my Intel Linux box. Cross-binutils (2.8.1) can be
> built without problems (using patch-binutils-r3k from
> decstation.unix-ag.org), but how to build gcc? I have the patch from
> http://decstation.unix-ag.org/kernels/2.1.121-pre2/patch-spec, but how to
> apply it? [...]

With the help of Harald Koerfgen (thank you very much again) I got egcs
1.0.2 running, using the sources Thomas Bogendoerfer has put together for
building a native egcs-RPM for MIPS. It has successfully compiled a
decstation kernel and I am curious whether that will really boot. If it
does, I will try to build cross-gcc/cross-binutils-RPMs for i386/glibc and
put them on an ftp-server as an alternative to the libc5-packages on
decstation.unix-ag.org.

Greetings,
Karsten
--