Whitechapel computers

To: Matthias Heidbrink <>
Subject: Whitechapel computers
From: Dominic Sweetman <>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 15:26:35 GMT
Cc: "Ian A.F. Fleming" <>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 11:19:05PM +0100, Matthias Heidbrink wrote:
> > I have a Whitechapel Hitech-10 with a R2000/16Mhz and 8 MB RAM.
> > The usual benchmarks show a performance a bit worse than a SparcStation 2
> > or a 486/33. But if I'll ever manage to get Linux running on this box?-)
> There are actually former Whitechapel engineers reading this list ...

I read it, and was in Whitechapel for all its short, interesting
life.  And in this office is the person who did most design work on
the Hitech-10.  The company liquidation left us without much design
data, though we can probably remember quite a lot about it, and
we have a screenless Hitech-10 which only recently ceased to be a
functioning computer (and a few bits and pieces too).

Ian Fleming (cc'd above) keeps a memorial web page at:

He may be able to help.

Dominic Sweetman
Algorithmics Ltd