Compile of patch linux-2.1.131-pl1

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Compile of patch linux-2.1.131-pl1
From: Thomas Riemer <triemer@apt4g.a3nyc.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 22:31:13 -0500 (EST)
The native compile of linux 2.1.131 with patch linux-2.1.131-pl1 finished
and seems to boot.  This kernel was compiled on a decstation 2100
with only standard configuration; make dep;make clean;make netboot.
It only took about 4 1/2 hours - but hey - I'm not knocking it.
It did it after all.

The initial boot hung immediately after going into INIT 3.  It look
like it timed out on the mount of the root file system.  The two machines
are only separated by a hub and nothing should cause a timeout.

The second boot booted up into multi user successfully.
It comes up with an error:
 SIOCADDRT: network is unreachable.

It still produces the clock skew errors in the make... I'm assuming
that the patch for clock skew errors did not make it in.

And now, just for kicks, we'll try the whole process again - start the
compile going one more time - just to make sure that the kernel is
stable enough to do a full compile cycle.

This is VERY cool.

-Tom Riemer