Re: [HELP]:MIPS Millennium 4000SC-50

Subject: Re: [HELP]:MIPS Millennium 4000SC-50
From: Eric Jorgensen <>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 17:49:13 -0700
> > each his own. This is a bi-endian machine, and most of the work on mips
> > porting software has been to the little-endian target.
> Uh, just to clarify this: there is a pretty sizeable mipseb porting
> project, although traditionally it's targetted towards SGI hardware. From
> the userland perspective, we've had Red Hat 5.1 ported for about half a
> year, and you can even buy it on CD from Red Hat (unsupported).

        I stand corrected.

        I also realized after my posting that the Magnum 4000 will run headless
in big-endian, but not in little-endian, due to the ARC console wanting,
well, a console.

        On the other hand, I'm ignorant of how well the non-arc bootloader
works. For that matter, I dunno how well the ARC bootloader works.

 - Eric

|     Geek for sale!      |