Re: Unidentified subject!

To: John Enger <enger@skoleetaten.oslo.no>
Subject: Re: Unidentified subject!
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 18:55:13 +0100 (MET)
Cc: linux-mips@fnet.fr
On Thu, 4 Feb 1999, John Enger wrote:

> Hi,
> I have been browsing thru your pages, and tried to compile a kernel for
> my DecStation 2100 from various sources.  So far with no success.
> Determined to never give up I type you this mail, asking if you know of
> anyone who successfully have accomplished this task. I'd be grateful for
> any info you can come up with.

There are some things to deal with:

o A patched cross-binutils 2.8.1 is needed, the patches are needed so the
  DECstation is able to boot and optimizes assembler (I don't recall
  exactly what, at the list it's called Gleb's R3k patch).

o You need either cross-gcc 2.7.2.x with a patched spec file or cross-egcs,
  version 1.0.2 works.

o And last but not least the latest DECstation kernel source, that is
  2.1.131 with a patch, both available at http://decstation.unix-ag.org/

Happy compiling.

Regards,
Richard