Re: rpm packages

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: rpm packages
From: Greg <damin@cleveland.lug.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 21:07:18 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Alex deVries wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Greg wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure about cross platform ability, but we have an archive of
> > RedHat 5.2 RPMS that were built on a Coablt Qube. I'd be interested in
> > seeing if the RPMS actually work on anything OTHER than a Qube.
>
> Ah, yes, this RH mipsel port.  Looks cool.  Are your packages labeled as
> mipsel?

Yes. All are built as "mipsel".

> Also, if you send me which changes were maded to the source rpms, I can
> see about having them merged into the RH source tree.  Mail me at
> puffin@redhat.com.

For every package that is currently up there, -0- changes were made to the
original .src.rpms to get them to compile. All we did was satisfy the
dependencies by building RPMS that were required to build other RPMS.

Unfortunately, we are dead in the water until Cobalt ships us a
development Qube that we can beat up on and break in many ways. Our
development box has been re-possessed by the original owner and placed
into production after our efforts were wiped off the drive.

The archive is all the exists until we have another development Qube to
work on..

Anyone donatin?