Re: DEC linux root file system uploaded

Subject: Re: DEC linux root file system uploaded
From: Michael Engel <>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 20:21:47 +0100 (MET)
Hi Richard,

> To make it complete together with your root-image and Thomas' egcs from
> currently work is underway for a DECstation binutils rpm package.
> Michael shall I upload it to after having verified
> that it works allright?

Yep, that would be fine. I'm going to overhaul the DECstation server a bit
during the next few days (we had disk space problems so I wasn't able
to put all the new things on it and also some hardware problems that
caused the machine to permanently reboot until last Monday ... both problems
are resolved now _and_we got a new ethernet switch and will soon be
connected to our campus backbone with 100 MBits so you can get the full
20 MBit/sec. out of the server ! ;-)) to reflect the great advance the
DECstation port has been experiencing during the last weeks.

I was thinking about putting on its own server -
a DECstation running Linux, of course (it currently runs on an Pentium
166 running FreeBSD connected to a couple of old DEC RZ disks. Originally,
the server was a DECstation 5000/200 running Ultrix but that machine died :-().
Any Apache rpms for mipsel-linux so far ? ;-).