Re: DEC linux root file system uploaded

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: DEC linux root file system uploaded
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 02:28:11 +0100
On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 06:57:15PM +0100, Richard van den Berg wrote:

> That's because of lack of a.out support of binutils, and as far as I
> understand will never happen in the official binutils. The solution for
> this is described at
> http://www.inter.nl.net/users/schnecke/html/mips/netboot.html

I removed the a.out support from the binutils because I though nobody
would have any use for it anymore.  Some time ago I discussed this with
Harald, his answer did was that there would be no real reason to add it
back.  If there is a good reason to add a.out back, just say so.  It's
really a trivial change.