RE: clocks...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: clocks...
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:01:28 +0100 (MET)
Hello,

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Harald Koerfgen wrote:

> I was thinking about modifying drivers/char/rtc.c. Making this usable
> would have meant to throw all the interrupt stuff and 95% of the code out,
> rendering a full featured device driver pretty useless.

I rather would have the DECstation running 1.28 to fast then that... Well,
Karel provided a kind of solution for that.

> Currently I am thinking a nice /proc interface would be cool. Something
> like

> >date MMDDhhmmCCYY
> >date > /proc/rtc

> or so. Opinions on this? Even volunteers?

I can live with such a solution, I'm trying to keep up with current
developments; currently 2.1.131 is running with Gleb's patch and
declance.c version 0.008 compiling glibc 2.0.6 to get me a working
tcpwrappers package. So I'm not volunteering.

Regards,
Richard