RE: clocks...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: RE: clocks...
From: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:32:48 +0100 (MET)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi,

On 28-Jan-99 Thomas Riemer wrote:
> So was there any kind of resolution on what needed to be done to
> deal with the real time clock?

Well, not really :-).

> I followed most of the discussion ... but missed if there was a
> resolution or conclusion - and/or a volunteer to implement it...
>
> Does /sbin/clock still need work done on it or will that be fixed
> with getting the basic work done for the RTC in the kernel?

I was thinking about modifying drivers/char/rtc.c. Making this usable
would have meant to throw all the interrupt stuff and 95% of the code out,
rendering a full featured device driver pretty useless. Currently I am
thinking a nice /proc interface would be cool. Something like

>date MMDDhhmmCCYY
>date > /proc/rtc

or so. Opinions on this? Even volunteers?

---
Regards,
Harald