Progress

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Progress
From: Thomas Riemer <triemer@apt4g.a3nyc.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 00:19:18 -0500 (EST)
Cc: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
So, this evening, it looks like my machine actually made it to
multi-user mode...

with the packages from ftp.linux.sgi.com
1. ncurses
2. telnet
3. netkit-base
4. mount

Things seem to be looking better...
I'm still getting a couple of errors:
"INIT: no more process left in this runlevel"

Don't quite know what it means... but I can telnet into the box...
which is a major improvement over things....
Sort of makes all the effort to get the console serial driver
worth something....

Oh... and actually, I expected the compile of the kernel to take
approximately 15 hours, not the 6 hours that it took...
I was just disappointed that it died on the very last step, instead
of immediately choking... that's all....

-Tom Riemer
Given enough eyeballs all bugs seem shallow.