Re: Hmmm... is linux-mips still alive?

Subject: Re: Hmmm... is linux-mips still alive?
From: Mitchell Blank Jr <>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:11:27 -0600
Florian Lohoff wrote:
> Jup - And when i saw the Linux/VAX porting effort i tried to get some
> books on Vax Assembly and/or Architecture - You cant get any books anymore.

VAX architecture books are going to be hard to come by... you might try
making some contacts in DECUS (

VAX assembly books should not be too hard to find used.  The VAX instrution
set was probably the most commonly taught one in college-level programming
classes during the 80s, so it has been documented and discussed very
widely.  (Interestingly, at  my alma mater they went from VAX - a very
representaitve CISC architecture - to MIPS - a very representive RISC
architecture.  I hear they're now teching ia32... I pity the poor

Sorry if this is getting a tad offtopic (to say the least)