Re: Hmmm... is linux-mips still alive?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Hmmm... is linux-mips still alive?
From: Mitchell Blank Jr <mitch@execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 17:11:27 -0600
Cc: knan@mo.himolde.no, flo@rfc822.org
Florian Lohoff wrote:
> Jup - And when i saw the Linux/VAX porting effort i tried to get some
> books on Vax Assembly and/or Architecture - You cant get any books anymore.

VAX architecture books are going to be hard to come by... you might try
making some contacts in DECUS (www.decus.org).

VAX assembly books should not be too hard to find used.  The VAX instrution
set was probably the most commonly taught one in college-level programming
classes during the 80s, so it has been documented and discussed very
widely.  (Interestingly, at  my alma mater they went from VAX - a very
representaitve CISC architecture - to MIPS - a very representive RISC
architecture.  I hear they're now teching ia32... I pity the poor
undergrads)

Sorry if this is getting a tad offtopic (to say the least)

-Mitch