More issues on root fs...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: More issues on root fs...
From: Thomas Riemer <triemer@apt4g.a3nyc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 00:35:58 -0500 (EST)
1. So my compile of the kernel finished after 6 hours of compiling...
   This is the recompile of the kernel entirely on the 2100.
sadly however it failed on the last ld.  It indicated that zImage was
an unknown file type....  For some reason I think I've seen this before
on this list but I can't remember what the fix was.  Anyone?

2. With the patch the Gleb provided - the boot does indeed progress
   much further - unfortunately, I think there is some problem with
   either proc_fs or mount on the 2100.   I get errors that /proc
   is not mounted even though I have the standard /proc ... line
   in fstab.   fsck also tries to do an fsck on / which it isn't happy
   about....I provides /sbin/fsck.nfs (which exits 0) - but obviously
   that's not quite the right answer.  It seems to want to fsck the file
   system despite provided 0 0 as the last two args.
      Anyone else seen this?

3. The kernel finally hangs with messages "Id "6" respawning too fast:
    Disabled for 5 minutes"

4. I saw rpc msg 129s until I fixed
     /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.

-Tom Riemer
Given enough eyeballs all bugs seem shallow.