Hmmm... is linux-mips still alive?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Hmmm... is linux-mips still alive?
From: Erik Inge Bolso <knan@mo.himolde.no>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 02:47:19 +0100 (CET)
Greetings.

I have an ancient MIPS machine standing around collecting dust here at
school. It's called a VAXserver 3100, is probably even slower than the
386-25 that seem to have a current low-speed record here, and noone can
figure out a use for it.

Another, similar machine (a DECstation 3100) is acting as backup webserver
and nothing much besides a little experimenting. It runs NetBSD/pmax.

If I find I have nothing better to do someday(or probably night) this
term, I'd like to try installing Linux on the VAXserver. So I'd like to
know: Has anyone tried any similar machine? Is there still any
developement for the R3000-series of processors? Is linux-mips still
alive? (web page not updated for a year is not a good sign...)

Should I just give up and get a life? :)

(PS: I'm not subscribed to the list, so please reply to *me*)

--
Erik I. Bolsø <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The White Tower: http://www.mo.himolde.no/~knan/