Root file system again...

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Root file system again...
From: Thomas Riemer <triemer@apt4g.a3nyc.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 20:18:57 -0500 (EST)
Ok...
So here's a set of the problems that I'm running into:

1. /sbin/clock is missing - what does /sbin/clock do?

2. I've installed Karel's 2.76-1 init and it seems to be ok to
   bring up in single user mode...  (If /sbin/fsck.nfs does NOT exist)
   However, in trying to bring it up multi user... it runs through
   all of /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit - and then doesn't seem to do anything
   more.. Is there anywhere in the Linux docs that describes the boot
   order of stuff???  What's supposed to happen after rc.sysinit?

3. Thanks for the information about compilers, and rpm flags... I've
   finally gotten a compiler and installed my first package under
   linux/mips. (package was findutils from cleveland.lug.net)

4. /etc/sysconfig/network seems to be hardcoded with the hostname...
   this means, despite booting off of bootp, it gets its hostname from
   file... This can't be right - but I'm not sure what the right
   answer is.

-Tom

Given enough eyeballs all bugs seem shallow.