Re: Hmmmm....

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Hmmmm....
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 17:29:37 -0700
In message <36ABB5D9.939CAC20@wport.com> John writes:
: I saw something interesting in a CompUSA ad today.  They had
: advertised a WinCE based sub-notebook kinda thng called the CLIO
: Now, the reason I sent this to the Linux/MiPS mailing list is
: because it's based on a NEC VR4111 MiPS processor. I was wondering
: if it would be possible to port MiPS/Linux to it.  I'm not really
: looking at it seriously, just as a passing thought because it looks
: cool.

I have been working on a WinCE loader.  I am over many of the hurdles
that I thought would be in the wat.  Now it is only a matter of time,
which sadly I have too little of.  Once the loader is done, the rest
of the port should be fairly simple.

I'm working on a mips-hpc-wince (actually mipsel-unknown-win32) target
from an incomplete port I found on the net based on cygwin b19.

It is too soon to even think about distributing this code yet, but it
does show it will eventually happen.

However, a contract to do this work would make it happen faster...

Warner