Re: Root FS.

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Root FS.
From: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:56:00 +0100 (MET)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi,

On 23-Jan-99 Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 23, 1999 at 03:08:30AM -0500, Thomas Riemer wrote:
>> There's only one thing that I would really, really like.
>> A c compiler....
>
> I'll upload my mipsel binaries to ftp.linux.sgi.com next week (probably
> on
> monday).

Fine. In the meantime you can use:

egcs-1.0.2-9.mipsel.rpm
binutils-2.8.1-2.mipsel.rpm

from ftp.franken.de/pub/people/tsbogend/mips

and

glibc-2.0.7-7.mips.rpm
glibc-devel-2.0.7-7.mips.rpm

from ftp.cobaltmicro.com/pub/ (sorry, I don't have the URL at hand)

and

make-3.76.1-5.mipsel.rpm
patch-2.5-5.mipsel.rpm

from ftp.cleveland.lug.net/pub/Mipsel/RPMS

to build your own packages. You may have to use --nodeps to install these.

I used these to build sysvinit-2.76 because sysvinit from Karel's root fs
indeed doesn't work on R3k machines. Unfortunately init still doesn't
switch to runlevel 3 on my '133 where is does on my '260.

---
Regards,
Harald