Re: root filesystem

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: root filesystem
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:56:05 +0100 (MET)
Hello Karel,

> Yes, I can go multi-user with this root-image, the init
> is from a local compiled SysVinit-2.74-2.src.rpm package.

Strange...

> I've just compiled 2.76 I'll try that one tomorrow.

I'm curious. BTW what about contacting the SysVinit author if init
keeps us teasing like this? The source mentions that it has been made
portable to the Alpha platform, maybe it has to be made portable to the
mips platform (endianess).

> Most things compile fine now locally, except the kernel,
> and libc6. :-(

I haven't tried libc6 yet, am talking myself in to that. I'm trying
to figure out what the troubles are that I can't telnet or rlogin to
the DS's. The kernel compiles smoothly with a patched egcs 1.0.2 (like
Ralf's faq / howto describes) and binutils 2.8.1 with Gleb's R3k patch
and bfd/config.bfd modified.

Regards,
Richard

P.S. I'll be gone tomorrow for a DECstation-less weekend or are there
any hackers with such a beast in Berlin?