Re: 2.1.131 strikes back!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: 2.1.131 strikes back!
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:35:36 +0100 (MET)
Hello guys,

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Harald Koerfgen wrote:

> Applying the attached patch seems to change everything to normal,
> including the slowed down init :-(. On the other hand, if such little
> changes affect the speed of init I would consider the zs serial device
> driver as scrap. Any volunteers? <evil grin>

Anybody else tried init version 2.76? That one boots alike on both
2.1.121-pre3 and 2.1.131, normal, regretably the sources don't mention the
differences. The zs.c patch for 2.1.131 has more differences then zs.c's
of 2.1.121-pre3 and 2.1.131. Am I missing some?

> While speaking about the subject: Tom, what about your DS 2100? Do you see
> an abnormal slowdown of init?

To all DECstatoin hackers: shows `ifconfig` such amount of errors?

> P.P.S: I am going to do some work on the annoying "Warning: File '...'
> has modification time in the future" feature :-).

rdate <name of your nfs-server> in the beginning of rc.sysconfig solves
that too. :-)

Regards,
Richard