Re: concurent running init on DECstations

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: concurent running init on DECstations
From: Richard van den Berg <R.vandenBerg@inter.NL.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:40:50 +0100 (MET)
On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Houten K.H.C. van (Karel) wrote:

[snipped Haralds part]

> I'm sorry to report, my 260 is still unstable with 2.1.131, even after
> that patch.
> The first time it died at ntpdate, and was not pingable anymore.

Something else makes the DS's here unstable, defining TEST_HITS in
declance.c. If it doesn't happen at startup, `ping -f` does the job.

> The next time I booted single user, started inetd, and unpacked
> a tar file. While starting 'top', it died again.

With TEST_HITS enabled in declance.c not a single packet returns when
flooding the machine, with TEST_HITS disabled `ping -f` gives a normal
respons.

> Back to 2.1.121....

Let's see how that one handles this.

Regards,