Re: 2.1.131 strikes back!

Subject: Re: 2.1.131 strikes back!
From: Harald Koerfgen <>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:41:30 +0100
Hi, wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 10:33:59PM +0100, Harald Koerfgen wrote:
> > The bug was simple but not necessary obvious: duplicate labels in
> > r2300_misc.S and r4k_misc.S which, although not declared as such, were
> > global.
> >
> > Quick'n'dirty fix: rename those labels.
> Looks like a bug in the assembler or linker.  Your patch actually shouldn't
> make a difference.  Can you try to disassemble the object files rsp. the
> kernel executable and find the difference between the good and the broken
> kernel image?

Yeah, thought about that too but it's been to late yesterday evening. I
will check this evening.

Anyway, trying to track this down I had a look at and found
the symbols "nopage_tlbl", "nopage_tlbs" and "nowrite_mod" to appear

IMHO these symbols shouldn't be visible to the outside world and, as
such, shouldn't appear in, or am I on the wrong track here?

This lead me to the crazy idea to rename these labels, et voila...