DECstations and Linux/Mips

Subject: DECstations and Linux/Mips
From: Larry Tague <>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 10:01:50 -0600
I have both DECstation 5000/250 and 3100 computers... one collecting
dust, and the other still using ULTRIX.  I would really like to get
these machines started on some sort of upgrade path operating system
wise.. Could you please tell me the current status of the Linux/Mips
ports for these machines.  The last that I saw of any info was Feb. 98.
Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.

Larry Tague
Co-Director of MECCA*
Research Associate                      Dept. of Physiology & Biophysics
Phone Bus.: 901-448-7152                U.T. Memphis
Phone FAX:  901-448-7126                894 Union Ave. or      Memphis, TN 38163
*MECCA (Memphis Educational Computer Connectivity Alliance)