Re: MIPS R4000

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: MIPS R4000
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 15:45:07 -0700
In message <36951EA4.B22C972@bev.net> Monta Elkins writes:
: My palmtop (a cassiopeia) has a MIPS R4000 processor.
:
: Would any of the ported code be usable in developing a
: Linux port for the Cassiopeia?

Yes.  The Cassiopeia has a Vr4102 or a Vr4111 depending on which
version you have.  There would be some code needed to get the cache
stuff working, but that should be relatively minor.

: I'm not familar with the MIPS line of processors.

Good luck!

Actually the biggest problem that I've not been able to get past is
booting.  Most WinCE drivers run as user level processes, so I can't
steal the interrupt vectors from a driver.  Thus far, I've found that
the easiest way to go would be to burn my own ROMs...

Warner