Re: Recently, on a DECstation nearby...

Subject: Re: Recently, on a DECstation nearby...
From: Richard van den Berg <>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 00:27:47 +0100 (MET)
Hi Harald,

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Harald Koerfgen wrote:

> >>boot 3/tftp/vmlinux console=ttyS2

boot 3/tftp suffices for both the 3MIN and the MAXine.

For the MAXine /dev/console has to be linked to /dev/ttyS0 to see
something appear on the serial terminal when INIT starts.

> This is my actual source tree, with root-le-980323.tar.gz, available from
> mount, unmount and swapon on this root
> filesystem cause segfaults. I have replaced these with rpms from
> Cool, isn't it?

Very cool! Almost unbelievable running Linux on the 3MIN and the
MAXine. :-) `less` hangs both machines, it refuses any input after
exiting it with `q`... Time to get me a full blown cross-compiler.

> Well, init takes two or three minutes for completition, but then nearly
> everything works smooth. Except changing the runlevel, I am still working
> on the config files.

Nice beginning of the new year.