Re: NFSROOT problem on '260 resolved

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: NFSROOT problem on '260 resolved
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 21:47:28 +0100 (MET)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi,

On 03-Jan-99 Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 03, 1999 at 09:25:52PM +0100, Harald Koerfgen wrote:
>
>  It took me a while that we talked on the 2.1.121-pre2 the normal
>  on the decstation pages - When do we base the whole thing
>  on a normal "release" kernel - Would make more sense - Currently i am
>  fiddling a lot with hundrets of patches which i apply or reverse ...
>  I am loosing oversight ... :)

Usually the DECstation source trees are based on the master Linux/MIPS CVS
 repository and there are indeed some differences to Linus' releases.

>  Ok - back to the problem - Nope - this seems not to work - My R3000
>  kernel stops after "This DECstation is a DS5000/2x0" ... dunno why ..
>
>  BTW: It is a pain in the ass for every "new" kernel to patch asm-mips
>  _LANGUAGE_ASSEMBLY vs __LANGUAGE_ASSEMBLY__ for gcc.
>
>  I made a patch for this asm-mips + asm-mips/dec ...
>
>  Could you please include it in the "normal" pre patches - Helps a lot
>  for people using gcc ...

Thank you, Florian, but I am not going to include your patch. Yes, I am
still using gcc too but I have changed my spec file. Please do so, too.
This will keep the difference to the CVS repository smaller and we will
have the chance of a smooth transition to egcs.

>  BTW: What should be the correct behaviour ?
>  What is egcs what is gcc and why is this different ?

Please, don't ask me. Ask Ralf.
---
Regards,
Harald