Re: NFSROOT problem on '260 resolved

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: NFSROOT problem on '260 resolved
From: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 01:31:50 +0100
On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 12:35:52AM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
>  BTW: It is a pain in the ass for every "new" kernel to patch asm-mips
>  _LANGUAGE_ASSEMBLY vs __LANGUAGE_ASSEMBLY__ for gcc.

how about changing your gcc spec file ?

Thomas.

From: Ulf Carlsson <grim@zigzegv.ml.org>
To: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
cc: Richard Hartensveld <richardh@infopact.nl>,
        "linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com" <linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: crosscompiling on debian/i386

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:

> no he tries to crosscompile with gcc-2.7.2.x a new kernel from CVS.
> This does no longer work out of the box, because we've changed the
> #ifdef _LANGUAGE_ASSEMBLY to the egcs predefined ones. And these aren't
> defined in the gcc-2.7 spec file.
>
> I don't have a patch handy, but simply changing -D__LANGUAGE_ASSMBLEY__ to
> -D_LANGUAGE_ASSEMBLY and -D__LANGUAGE_C__ to -D_LANGUAGE_C in the spec
> file worked for me.

I've already changed those defines.

I don't have a patch (I don't have the old file anylonger), but I can send
the whole file (/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mips-linux/2.7.2.2/specs)

It's attached.

- Ulf

                                        [Martin `MJ' Mares on linux-kernel]