Re: NFSROOT problem on '260 resolved

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: NFSROOT problem on '260 resolved
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 00:35:52 +0100
Sender: flo@mini.gt.owl.de
On Sun, Jan 03, 1999 at 09:25:52PM +0100, Harald Koerfgen wrote:

> patch-2.1.121-pre3 is against a vanilla 2.1.121-pre source tree and
> appears to work fine on my '260 and my '133. Well, besides the init
> problem. Florian, I'd appreciate very much if you gave it a try on your
> '240. Only then I can be shure that my RESTORE_SOME patch works for R3000
> CPUs.
 It took me a while that we talked on the 2.1.121-pre2 the normal
 on the decstation pages - When do we base the whole thing
 on a normal "release" kernel - Would make more sense - Currently i am
 fiddling a lot with hundrets of patches which i apply or reverse ...
 I am loosing oversight ... :)

 Ok - back to the problem - Nope - this seems not to work - My R3000
 kernel stops after "This DECstation is a DS5000/2x0" ... dunno why ..

 BTW: It is a pain in the ass for every "new" kernel to patch asm-mips
 _LANGUAGE_ASSEMBLY vs __LANGUAGE_ASSEMBLY__ for gcc.

 I made a patch for this asm-mips + asm-mips/dec ...

 Could you please include it in the "normal" pre patches - Helps a lot
 for people using gcc ... BTW: What should be the correct behaviour ?
 What is egcs what is gcc and why is this different ?

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-5241-470566
Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three).  (RFC 1925)