NFSROOT problem on '260 resolved

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: NFSROOT problem on '260 resolved
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 21:25:52 +0100 (MET)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Fellow DECstation hackers,

declance.c appears to be fine. The problem was that using NFS-root
changed the interrupt mask in CP0. Using IP Autoconfig and initrd let
the '260 reply to pings as long as I wanted. Even flood pings were no
problem.

I simply had to mask the CP0 interrupt mask out in the RESTORE_SOME macros
and everything worked fine :-). My 5000/260 mounts root via NFS as well.

I was just beginning to prepare a new "release" as I got mail that Ralf is
changing the CVS repository, so please be patient.

For those of you, who can't wait I've uploaded patch-2.1.121-pre3.gz to
ftp.linux.sgi.com/pub/test/. This one includes all the patches I've got
since 2.1.121-pre2 plus the latest and greatest BAGET and R3000 cache
stuff from Gleb and Vladimir plus declance.c v 0.007 plus the RESTORE_SOME
patch.

patch-2.1.121-pre3 is against a vanilla 2.1.121-pre source tree and
appears to work fine on my '260 and my '133. Well, besides the init
problem. Florian, I'd appreciate very much if you gave it a try on your
'240. Only then I can be shure that my RESTORE_SOME patch works for R3000
CPUs.

Have fun.
---
Regards,