Init hanging on decstation

Subject: Init hanging on decstation
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 18:18:27 +0100
i am a bit further booting without init hang - ok i havent fixed
the problem but maybe it helps finding the bug.
I have compiled a new sysvinit (2.76) which doesnt solved the problem
so i compiled it with DEBUG and INITDEBUG (-> init.h) which
then boots quickly.

I think the solution is that INITDEBUG causes the init to fork very
early to be debuggable ...

BTW: I also installed glibc 2.0.7 etc to the mini-root -
Ah - i compiled the sysvinit on Linux/Mips/Decstation over NFS Root :)

Florian Lohoff                  +49-5241-470566
Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three).  (RFC 1925)