Re: EGCS for breakfast?

Subject: Re: EGCS for breakfast?
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 18:15:37 +0100
On Sun, Jan 03, 1999 at 02:32:59AM -0500, Ryan Rafferty wrote:
> I have been banging around on the EGCS 1.1.1 release, trying to get it to
> do mipsel-linux, but it refuses.  I noticed the egcs ports on fnet are a
> bit crusty; has anyone tried to get the latest release to work?
> On a related item, binutils 2.9.1 compiles like a charm for the
> mipsel-linux target, but looks can be deceiving.
> My build/host platform is i686-unknown-linux-gnu with
> mipsel-unknown-linux-gnu as the target.

Ok - i tried around a lot and i must say DONT USE THE NEWEST VERSIONS.

Mostly the newest version do have LOADS of bugs i seem not be able to
fix or even see - You just see a non working kernel.

I had luck getting "egcs 1.02 + mips patch" to work and
gcc 2.7.2 + cross patch + mips patch and binutils 2.8.1 + mips patch
+ the one liner noted on one of the web sites for building a netbooting
ecoff binary ...

Florian Lohoff                  +49-5241-470566
Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three).  (RFC 1925)