Boot success/root-nfs

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Boot success/root-nfs
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 00:13:28 +0100
Sender: flo@mini.gt.owl.de
Hi,
just got the declance.c (V0.007) and downloaded the root-le
(RedHat *idontlikeredhat*)

Ok - except the mounting errors because of the root-fs not beeing a
ext2 :) it works.

I got some really funny "RPC: sendmsg returned errror 128" error msgs
leading to a "Server not responding". Dont know but suddenly they are gone.
Ill report again.

Anotherone is that the kernel is unable to find an initial console
until you link /dev/console -> /dev/ttyS2 (for me) ...

Now i am up and running (real slow -> seperate mail).

cpu                     : MIPS
cpu model               : R4000SC V3.0
system type             : Digital DECstation 5000/1xx
BogoMIPS                : 49.81
byteorder               : little endian
unaligned accesses      : 0
wait instruction        : no
microsecond timers      : yes
extra interrupt vector  : no
hardware watchpoint     : yes
VCED exceptions         : 554
VCEI exceptions         : 108

:)

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-5241-470566
Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three).  (RFC 1925)