Re: Still no-go/gcc 2.7.2/binutils 2.8.1

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Still no-go/gcc 2.7.2/binutils 2.8.1
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:36:48 +0100
Sender: flo@mini.gt.owl.de
On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 01:47:19PM +0100, Harald Koerfgen wrote:
> Do others have similar problems?
>
> Indeed, the startup process has changed since the tags are gone, but that
> isn't visible to the PROM. What is the latest kernel version that worked
> for you, Florian?

I think i tried the 2.1.116 some month ago - I then used
some precompiled binary distributed binutils and gcc.
Now i tried to use selfmade ones with a lot of patches
and the 2.1.121

> If you still have an old source tree, you could try to compile that, to
> check wether your toolchain is working. Alternatively, I can send you a
> kernel image that works for me, if you're interested.

Do that - Ill try out that.

I THINK the bintuls/gcc/egcs version do something wrong ... But ill
check my prom versions against the NetBSD ones...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-5241-470566
Good, Fast, Cheap: Pick any two (you can't have all three).  (RFC 1925)