interrupts

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: interrupts
From: Thomas Riemer <triemer@apt4g.a3nyc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 23:46:06 -0500 (EST)
Ok... So I've been tracking this bug down for several days.
I'm starting to get close to the solution:

I'm working on the sii disk driver (on 2100).  I've gotten all
the skeleton in place and know that its calling queue_command - and
its all very happy doing that... gets all the way through scsi_dev_init
(doesn't detect anything but hey, one step at a time).

So after it looks like its setup the device and proceeded onto
the point where it tries load the /dev/ram ramdisk,

I get a message from mm/fault.c - indicating that I'm
getting a "page fault from irq handler 0001 "  which I traced back
to in_interrupt() going high - looks like because I'm both in
a hardware interrupt and in bh handler.

So now I know that I'm not doing something right - but having
staired at the code for several hours now I'm drawing an absolute
blank.

It looks like I'm getting a hardware interrupt for 0001 (DISK I think)
and that there is bh handler running.  Its not clear whether this is
the disk bh handler or the serial dz handler that's set up.  Either
way its worrisome.

Is there anyway for me to determine which bh handler I'm in?

-Tom

Given enough eyeballs all bugs seem shallow.