Re: RM200

Subject: Re: RM200
From: Michael Engel <>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:37:14 +0100 (MET)

> > I can build a kernel for the RM200 ISA later, it's currently in a
> big tar.gz
> > file as I ran out of disk space ...
>   Thanks. MILO loaded fine. Kernel started but hung after
>   Probing PCI hardware
>   Calibrating delay loop

That's more or less expected, the timer interrupt isn't initialized correctly
for the RM200 ISA.

>  Are You using any patches to build kernel, or just
>    Could You give me some hints, I'm not experienced enough.

I had to apply some patches in order to get the interrupt controller to
work. I'll put them on our ftp server tonight together with a kernel binary
image. This kernel so far only runs with a NE2000 ethernet board and a
IDE controller in the ISA slots of the RM200, I didn't have time to try
to modify the drivers for the onboard NCR53C710 SCSI and intel 82596
ethernet so far :(.

>   I could build it here (there is  x86 linux box here
> and I took cross compiler from )

OK. The binutils from may cause some problems, though. Better use
the 2.8.1 binutils from and apply the patches.