Re: RM200

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: RM200
From: Michael Engel <engel@math.uni-siegen.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 14:37:14 +0100 (MET)
Hi,

> > I can build a kernel for the RM200 ISA later, it's currently in a
> big tar.gz
> > file as I ran out of disk space ...
>

>   Thanks. MILO loaded fine. Kernel started but hung after
>
>   Probing PCI hardware
>   Calibrating delay loop

That's more or less expected, the timer interrupt isn't initialized correctly
for the RM200 ISA.

>  Are You using any patches to build kernel, or just
> CONFIG_PCI=n
>    Could You give me some hints, I'm not experienced enough.

I had to apply some patches in order to get the interrupt controller to
work. I'll put them on our ftp server tonight together with a kernel binary
image. This kernel so far only runs with a NE2000 ethernet board and a
IDE controller in the ISA slots of the RM200, I didn't have time to try
to modify the drivers for the onboard NCR53C710 SCSI and intel 82596
ethernet so far :(.

>   I could build it here (there is  x86 linux box here
> and I took cross compiler from ftp.fnet.fr )

OK. The binutils from fnet.fr may cause some problems, though. Better use
the 2.8.1 binutils from decstation.unix-ag.org and apply the patches.

regards,
        Michael