[DECstation] linux-2.1.121-pre2 is out!

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: [DECstation] linux-2.1.121-pre2 is out!
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 22:38:50 +0100 (MET)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Fellow DECstation hackers,

the subject says it all. This one is, as usual, based on the latest CVS source
tree
and is available at the usual place. (Thanks, Michael)

linux-2.1.121-pre2 works both on R3000 and R4000 based DECstations and contains
all
bugfixes for pre1 I have received so far. Additionally it includes Ralf's
get_mmu_context() proposal which seems to work nicely on R3000 and R4000
targets.

Nevertheless I am actually working on a patch to fix a few things I have
overseen
before I uploaded 2.1.121-pre2 B-) to make this source tree compile with
egcs-1.0.2.

To be able to compile this kernel, you have to patch your gcc spec file (mine
is in
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mipsel-linux/2.7.2/) and you have to rebuild your
binutils,
or to be more precise as, with Gleb O. Raiko's patch when you want to compile a
kernel for a R3000 target. Both patches are available  at
http://decstation.unix-ag.org.

This kernel is *not* generic i.e., you have to choose the right CPU Type (either
R3000 or R4x00) for your DECstation.

Happy hacking.
---
Regards,