Re: RedHat 5.2 on Cobalt Qube/RAQ

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: RedHat 5.2 on Cobalt Qube/RAQ
From: Greg <damin@cleveland.lug.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:52:30 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Thomas Riemer wrote:

> Clearly these people have never worked on a 486/66 :)

On the contrary. My first installation of Linux was SLS on a 386 w/ 4 megs
of memory. :) Then Slackware.. and X took me about 2 weeks to build on
that thing! :)

In any case.. yes.. NFS can do the trick, but the Qube is slow enough on
compiles that adding the overhead of 10 mbit NFS mount to things like
building X or EGCS doesn't cut it. I'd much rather move things less
critical like /home and /var/spool off to NFS and save the local disk
space for the development cycle..