linux-2.1.121 on a DS5000/260

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: linux-2.1.121 on a DS5000/260
From: Harald Koerfgen <harald.koerfgen@netcologne.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 20:08:52 +0100 (MET)
Sender: harry@franz.no.dom
Hi all,

with the kind help of Karel van Houten I've been able to get a R4400SC CPU
daughter
card, converting my DS5000/240 into a DS5000/260 :-).

This moves me into a position to check wether our R3000 patches still work on
R4000
machines, but, unfortunately, they do not :-(. linux-2.1.121-pre2, on which I am
currently working, dies shortly after lauching sash and printing "Stand-al" with
different interesting error messages.

To check what is broken, either my brain or my DECstation, I handcrafted a
source
tree will all the neccessary DECstation changes but leaving out all the R3000
patches and guess what, this one works :-/. That means we can add a DECstation
to the
DECstations-going-single-user-list but I have to reiterate all R3000 patches,
which
might take a while.

Just wanted to let you know.
---