Re: RedHat 5.2 on Cobalt Qube/RAQ

Subject: Re: RedHat 5.2 on Cobalt Qube/RAQ
From: Dominic Sweetman <>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 09:23:50 GMT
I picked up Matt's potential hardware famine second-hand from Greg's mail:

> On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Mat Kovach wrote...
> As Matt says, our development box is on loan to us from a third party that
> will need it back in working condition. He purchased a couple and he's
> allowing us to use one to extend the functionality of the box to meet some
> of his extended needs.

If you're interested, Algorithmics could probably make some P-4032
boards available free.  Cobalt started their development on this
133Mhz Vr4300 platform, and it has a similar suite of controllers,
including SCSI.  Cobalt got Linux up and running on P-4032 (with
contributions from the Linux/MIPS group) before they had their own

Dominic Sweetman
Algorithmics Ltd