Re: RedHat 5.2 on Cobalt Qube/RAQ

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: RedHat 5.2 on Cobalt Qube/RAQ
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:19:30 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Mat Kovach wrote:
> Actually, most of the current packages went without much problem (gee, I love
> Linux).  Others were just intergrating patches with the RedHat sources.
>
> I'm sure with the remaining packages there is going to be quite a bit of
> porting required.  I seems that there is a lot of work done already on the
> kernel and modutilies (I seen an achieve fom them, can not remember where
> right now). Engineering current MIPS patches in the RedHat sources is really
> going to take some time.

I'm working for Red Hat merging patches from unsupported archs (including
armv4l, m68k and mipseb), so I don't mind handling the mipsel patch merge
so that subsequent releases of RH will be easier to port. I'm doing this
on my own time, however.

When the list of mipsel changes to source rpms has been done, could
someone mail me (adevries@redhat.com) a list of the modified packages?

- Alex deVries