Re: Linux on Deskstation Tyne

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Linux on Deskstation Tyne
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 23:08:57 -0700
: Actually I have a Raptor Plus that has 2 of the same system boards in it =
: as a Tyne. =20

What do yo mean by this?  I wasn't aware that the Raptor was an MP
machine.

: Deskstation Tyne=20
: (R4600, 134 MHz CPU clock, up to 2 MB L2 cache, 2 free VLB=20
: and 4 free ISA slots)=20

The deskstation port has decayed over the years.  At some point I'll
likely get my rPC44 booting linux again and get the changes
integrated.  I don't have a Tyne, so I can't play with that.

I thought the Raptor searies used the R4700 CPU as well, in a module
that was replacable with Alpha CPUs....

Deskstation is no more, or I'd hit their web site...

Warner