Re: Milo compile problems

To: Aleksandr Konstantinov <akonstantinov@yahoo.com>, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Milo compile problems
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:26:20 -0600
On Mon, Nov 23, 1998 at 12:05:57PM -0800, Aleksandr Konstantinov wrote:

>     I have got here SNI RM200 with ISA bus (I was
> about it to this mailing list before) without NT
> firmware(sinix_to_nt). So I can't switch to little
> endian (Am I right ? ).

Yes.

However the ISA version of the machine isn't yet supported, only the RM200
version C with PCI + EISA works.

Thomas, any news about your efforts to make the ISA RM200 run?  Thought you
have patches?  (Hint, hint)

>   I tried to cross-compile(compiler mips-gcc 2.7.2-3
>   and  binutils  2.7-3 run on i486 linux system
> from Slackware 3.4) milo 0.27 for big endian
> (Is it possible ?)

Not without source changes to Milo and the kernel.  Little endian binaries
are included with the source tree.  For SNI you need at least Milo 0.27.1
which deals correctly with some SNI firmware ``specials''.

> and got following warnings and errors:

>  I also tried to compile kernel 2.1.36 (mips from
> ftp.fnet.fr) and also failed :

Get a current one from ftp.linux.sgi.com, 2.1.36 is toxic waste by now.