Re: Cobalt Qube / Egcs?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Cobalt Qube / Egcs?
From: Greg <damin@cleveland.lug.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 16:46:32 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Greg wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Nov 13, 1998 at 04:55:57PM -0500, Greg wrote:
> > > So.. can anyone provide me with some information on getting Egcs to build
> > > on a Mipsel? :)
> >
> > right at the moment I'm uploading my egcs RPMs and SRPM to
> >
> > ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/people/tsbogend/mips
> >
> > To build this RPMs I had to patch binutils-2.8.1, which you can find
> > in the same place.
>
> I'm grabbing both SRPMS and will see how they build on this box. I'll
> report my findings to the list.
>
> This will allow, at least immediately, the building of the Linux sgml
> tools, Jed and about 12 other packages that have been requiring egcs to
> get ported.

Just FYI... during the build cycle of binutils on my Qube...

Executing: %build
+ umask 022
+ cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD
+ cd binutils-2.8.1
++ ./config.guess
++ sed -e s/-unknown// -e s/-mips// -e s/-gnu//
+ target=mipsel-linux
+ ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared mipsel-linux
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     gprof
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)
Created "Makefile" in /home/redhat/BUILD/binutils-2.8.1