Re: Cobalt Qube / Egcs?

To: Dominic Sweetman <dom@algor.co.uk>, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Cobalt Qube / Egcs?
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 00:30:13 +0100
Cc: Prasad Nuli <pnuli@mediaone.net>
Helle night shift :-)

On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 10:48:13PM +0000, Dominic Sweetman wrote:

> > Nevada is the nickname for the Rm5230 / Rm5260 / Rm 5270 processors
> > developed by IDT.  The Qube is based on the 5230.
>
> Not IDT, QED!  (Their first product under their own name, so they'd be
> upset).  Cobalt started their development with one of our P-4032
> boards - I don't know whether they used any of the same devices, but I
> think Ralf got Linux going on one of our babies.

Sorry, QED.  Thought the Rm7000 was the first thing QED produced on their
own.

The Qube design actually changed quite a bit in progress.  The Qube
initially had a 21042, then 21142 chip but I think they reverted to the
10mbit for the production version.  I'm not shure if it's still a chip
of the Tulip family.  Also there was a NCR53C810 on at least preproduction
versions.  The chipset used is a different one from Galileo.  It's the In
any case Linux on the P-4032 was the first step to get this thing running.

I should mention that Cobalt did their P-4032 port independent from my
P-4032 work.