Cobalt Qube / Egcs?

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Cobalt Qube / Egcs?
From: Greg <damin@cleveland.lug.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 16:55:57 -0500 (EST)
Hello all,
        I'm attempting to do some development on the Cobalt Qube by Cobalt
Microserver. It is based on a tiny Nevada Mips processor running at 150
Mhz. The goal of my Linux User's Group is to get as much of RedHat 5.2
rebuilt on this architecture as possible and place the rebuilt RPM's on
our public Mipsel archive located at ftp://cleveland.lug.net/pub/Mipsel.
        I'm running into a variety of RPM's that will not build without a
working egcs on the Mipsel architecture. I've tried a couple of times to
build egcs on the box to no avail. By nature, I'm not a programming
wizard, but when the need comes I'll hack together a solution to meet my
needs.
        In this case, I really would like to get Egcs to build on this
thing so that I can begin the process of getting the REST of the packages
ported over. We have this eventual dream of running an X server on the
machine and connecting a bunch of X-terms to it.

So.. can anyone provide me with some information on getting Egcs to build
on a Mipsel? :)