Re: Mips box

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: Mips box
From: Eric Jorgensen <alhaz@xmission.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:18:48 -0700
Sender: alhaz@fnet.fr
Tymm Twillman wrote:

> I just acquired a Mips RC 2030, a R3000-based box from 1989, and I'm
> interested in working on getting Linux installed on it.  Unfortunately, I
> don't have any documentation for it (I'm going to work on that shortly);
> wondering if anyone else you know of has information on this machine and
> the likelyhood of getting things going on it.  I'm willing to put time
> into development if I can get enough information on the machine to be able
> to do anything...

        There are a ton of these machines out there. If mine were a little
quieter I might be really psyched to use it. As it is, it makes even
more noise than the PCServer 320 I use as my main linux/i386 system.

        There's been a lot of interest, but no port attempt is in the works
yet. Atleast not to the specific machine - there is a lot of work being
done on the R3000/2000 kernel. Just none being done on the RS2030.

 - Eric