Re: MIPS R3230?

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: MIPS R3230?
From: "William J. Earl" <wje@fir.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 16:59:52 -0800
Cc: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
ralf@uni-koblenz.de writes:
 > On Mon, Oct 26, 1998 at 10:44:40PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
 >
 > > In message <36350DB4.3CC01730@xmission.com> Eric Jorgensen writes:
 > > :  On the other hand, I don't have a complete distribution of RISCos on
 > > : either of them. They both mounted most of the /usr tree (or whatever it
 > > : is on riscos) via NFS, some machine they can't talk to anymore.
 > >
 > > Hmmm.  That's too bad.  I'd dup the two QIC-150 tapes that I have, but
 > > I don't want to violate anybody's IP.
 >
 > All Mips Computer Systems, Inc machines were sold including the license
 > for the OS, duplicating the tapes should be ok.

       Yes, the MIPS systems were sold with an OS license (for use on that
machine).  The license includes UNIX and NFS licenses.

       I believe that the 3230 and 3240 used QIC-150, but I think some
M/120 systems had only QIC-120.  (The QIC-150 reads both kinds of cartridge,
but the QIC-120 of course cannot read the QIC-150 tape.)