Re: MIPS Linux kernel

Subject: Re: MIPS Linux kernel
From: Dominic Sweetman <>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:16:26 GMT
Jeffery Douglas Waddell ( writes:

> ... what I have is a XP114C Xterminal from Tektronix.  It has a very

> LR33020MC-33

LSI's swan song as a standalone R3000-core CPU, complete with MMU and
floating point, I think.  It's exactly the R3000 instruction set.

> DP83934BVUL
>       TM

That's a National Semiconductor ethernet controller.  The DP83932
SONIC is pretty well known, widely used on MIPS systems (for example)
and there are lots of drivers.  I think the -T was a cost-reduced
version, and it's pretty software compatible.

The main bar to running Linux on this is the lack of a disk interface
and not enough memory.  Figuring out the graphics should be fun, too.