lmbench results for Baget/MIPS

To: linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: lmbench results for Baget/MIPS
From: "Gleb O. Rajko" <rajko@mech.math.msu.su>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:42:49 +0300 (MSK)
There are lmbench summary for the Baget/MIPS box as I promised to
measure. My comments are

o I didn't ever try to measure fs performance, now Baget/MIPS is
diskless and I guess nobody want to measure NFS over 10Mb/s Ethernet.

o There are no results for several context switching tests, Baget has
only 16 MB of RAM without swap at all.

Regards,
Gleb.
cd results && make summary percent 2>/dev/null | more
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/lmbench-2alpha10/results'

                 L M B E N C H  1 . 9   S U M M A R Y
                 ------------------------------------
                 (Alpha software, do not distribute)

Processor, Processes - times in microseconds - smaller is better
Host                 OS  Mhz null null      open selct sig  sig  fork exec sh
                             call  I/O stat clos       inst hndl proc proc proc
--------- ------------- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
mips-linu Linux 2.1.121   25  6.5  15.  4805  4886 0.83K 29.0  115 10.1K 154K
543K

Context switching - times in microseconds - smaller is better
Host                 OS 2p/0K 2p/16K 2p/64K 8p/16K 8p/64K 16p/16K 16p/64K
                        ctxsw  ctxsw  ctxsw ctxsw  ctxsw   ctxsw   ctxsw
--------- ------------- ----- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------- -------
mips-linu Linux 2.1.121   13    230          404            758

*Local* Communication latencies in microseconds - smaller is better
Host                 OS 2p/0K  Pipe AF     UDP  RPC/   TCP  RPC/ TCP
                        ctxsw       UNIX         UDP         TCP conn
--------- ------------- ----- ----- ---- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----
mips-linu Linux 2.1.121    13   155  251   508         813       3180

File & VM system latencies in microseconds - smaller is better
Host                 OS   0K File      10K File      Mmap    Prot    Page
                        Create Delete Create Delete  Latency Fault   Fault
--------- ------------- ------ ------ ------ ------  ------- -----   -----
mips-linu Linux 2.1.121                               127778    13

*Local* Communication bandwidths in MB/s - bigger is better
Host                OS  Pipe AF    TCP  File   Mmap  Bcopy  Bcopy  Mem   Mem
                             UNIX      reread reread (libc) (hand) read write
mips-linu Linux 2.1.121   10    5    4      7     12     13     12   12    33

Memory latencies in nanoseconds - smaller is better
    (WARNING - may not be correct, check graphs)
Host                 OS   Mhz  L1 $   L2 $    Main mem    Guesses
mips-linu Linux 2.1.121    25    80    200         310
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/lmbench-2alpha10/results'